The Quinn Scholarship for Students is awarded each spring to the child of an ECOEA member who is enrolled in a course of study leading to a degree in education. ECOEA policy is listed below:
8.3 William & Dolores Quinn Scholarship for Students
One $1500.00 scholarship will be awarded based upon the following criteria:
- Students to be selected must be the child of an ECOEA member.
- Student shall be enrolled or in a course of study in a college or university which leads to a degree in education.
- If the student withdraws prior to the end of the period covered by the scholarship, refund of the unused portion should be returned to ECOEA.
- Deadline for application is March 1st. Selection of the winner shall be by a lottery drawn prior to the ECOEA Spring Rep. Assembly. (3/12/08)
- ECOEA will send the check to the recipient, but the check will be made out to the college or university. (2/21/91)
- The total amount of the scholarship must be used in the fiscal year (Sept.-Aug.) following the presentation. (11/9/95)
- A Scholarship winner shall be ineligible to participate any future Quinn Student scholarship lottery. (3/12/08)
The deadline to apply was March 1, 2020.
The 2020 Quinn Scholarship for Students winner is Gregory Zuniga, son of Heather Zuniga of Malvern EA. Gregory is studying to be an Intervention Specialist at Bowling Green State University. Congratulations Gregory!