The Quinn Scholarship for Students is awarded each spring to the child of an ECOEA member who is enrolled in a course of study leading to a degree in education. ECOEA policy is listed below:
8.3 William & Dolores Quinn Scholarship for Students
One $1500.00 scholarship will be awarded based upon the following criteria:
- Students to be selected must be the child of an ECOEA member.
- Student shall be enrolled or in a course of study in a college or university which leads to a degree in education.
- If the student withdraws prior to the end of the period covered by the scholarship, refund of the unused portion should be returned to ECOEA.
- Deadline for application is April 1st. Selection of the winner shall be by a lottery drawn prior to the ECOEA Spring Rep. Assembly. (3/12/08)
- ECOEA will send the check to the recipient, but the check will be made out to the college or university. (2/21/91)
- The total amount of the scholarship must be used in the fiscal year (Sept.-Aug.) following the presentation. (11/9/95)
- A Scholarship winner shall be ineligible to participate any future Quinn Student scholarship lottery. (3/12/08)
Applications are being accepted for the 2023 Quinn Scholarship at the link below. Deadline to apply is March 1, 2023.