THE WILLIAM AND DOLORES QUINN EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP FOR MEMBERS IS OPEN TO ALL ECOEA MEMBERS TO FURTHER THEIR EDUCATION. ONE SCHOLARSHIP OF $500 WILL BE AWARDED EACH SPRING AT THE ECOEA SPRING REPRESENTATIVE ASSEMBLY. THE SCHOLARSHIP IS BY REIMBURSEMENT. ECOEA POLICY FOR THE QUINN SCHOLARSHIP FOR MEMBER IS AS FOLLOWS:
8.2 William and Dolores Quinn Scholarship for Members
One $500.00 scholarship will be awarded based upon the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a member of ECOEA.
- The award must be used for training, tuition, or conference registration which is not reimbursed by a Bd. of Ed.
- Additional training will be limited to the field in which the recipient is presently employed.
- Deadline for application is April 1st. Selection of the winner shall be by a lottery drawn prior to the ECOEA Spring RA. (3/12/08)
- The winner shall send a receipt of expense to ECOEA and a check will be sent to him/her. (4/26/90)
- The total amount of the scholarship must be used in the fiscal year (Sept.-Aug.) following the presentation. (11/9/95)
- A scholarship winner shall be ineligible to participate in any future Quinn Member scholarship lottery. (3/12/08)
The deadline to apply is April 1, 2021.
Apply at this link:
The winner of the 2020 Quinn Scholarship for Members is Heather Zuniga, Malvern EA. Congratulations Heather!