THE WILLIAM AND DOLORES QUINN EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP FOR MEMBERS IS OPEN TO ALL ECOEA MEMBERS TO FURTHER THEIR EDUCATION. ONE SCHOLARSHIP OF $500 WILL BE AWARDED EACH SPRING AT THE ECOEA SPRING REPRESENTATIVE ASSEMBLY. THE SCHOLARSHIP IS BY REIMBURSEMENT. ECOEA POLICY FOR THE QUINN SCHOLARSHIP FOR MEMBER IS AS FOLLOWS:
8.2 William and Dolores Quinn Scholarship for Members
One $500.00 scholarship will be awarded based upon the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a member of ECOEA.
- The award must be used for training, tuition, or conference registration which is not reimbursed by a Bd. of Ed.
- Additional training will be limited to the field in which the recipient is presently employed.
- Deadline for application is April 1st. Selection of the winner shall be by a lottery drawn prior to the ECOEA Spring RA. (3/12/08)
- The winner shall send a receipt of expense to ECOEA and a check will be sent to him/her. (4/26/90)
- The total amount of the scholarship must be used in the fiscal year (Sept.-Aug.) following the presentation. (11/9/95)
- A scholarship winner shall be ineligible to participate in any future Quinn Member scholarship lottery. (3/12/08)
The member winner of this year’s Quinn Scholarship is Jaime Brown, member of the Alliance Education Association. Congratulations Jaime!
Check back in January for the 2022 Quinn Scholarship for Members application.