The winner of the 2018 Quinn Educational Scholarship for Members is Julian Vasquez of Newcomerstown Teachers’ Association. Congratulations Julian!
THE WILLIAM AND DOLORES QUINN EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP FOR MEMBERS IS OPEN TO ALL ECOEA MEMBERS TO FURTHER THEIR EDUCATION. ONE SCHOLARSHIP OF $500 WILL BE AWARDED EACH SPRING AT THE ECOEA SPRING REPRESENTATIVE ASSEMBLY. THE SCHOLARSHIP IS BY REIMBURSEMENT. ECOEA POLICY FOR THE QUINN SCHOLARSHIP FOR MEMBER IS AS FOLLOWS:
8.2 William and Dolores Quinn Scholarship for Members (Appendix D)
One $500.00 scholarship will be awarded based upon the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a member of ECOEA.
- The award must be used for training, tuition, or conference registration which is not reimbursed by a Bd. of Ed.
- Additional training will be limited to the field in which the recipient is presently employed.
- Deadline for application is March 1st. Selection of the winner shall be by a lottery drawn prior to the ECOEA Spring RA. (3/12/08)
- The winner shall send a receipt of expense to ECOEA and a check will be sent to him/her. (4/26/90)
- The total amount of the scholarship must be used in the fiscal year (Sept.-Aug.) following the presentation. (11/9/95)
- A scholarship winner shall be ineligible to participate in any future Quinn Member scholarship lottery. (3/12/08)