East Central Ohio Education Association
Public Relations Grant
Got a great idea for your members to connect with the community? Need some start-up funds for a special project that will promote your local in the community? Apply for a $500 Public Relations Grant ! ECOEA offers Public Relations Grants of up to $500.. Deadline to apply was April 1, 2020.
Congratulations to the following 2020 Spring Public Relations Grant winners:
- East Holmes Teachers’ Association-EHTA Supporting Student Athletes and the Arts-submitted by member Caryn Rubio
- Jackson Classified Personnel Association-Gone Fishing-submitted by JCPA President Brooke Harter
- Wooster Education Association-Fighting the Summer Slide-submitted by member Caity Sypherd
- Education Association of Orrville-Public Summer Community Events-submitted by Co-President Mandy Charnigo
- Triway Education Association-Triway Robotics-submitted by TEA President Melissa Radich
- North Canton Education Association-Supporting North Canton Cares Food Pantry-submitted by member Jen McKelley
Congratulations to the following Spring 2019 PR Grant recipients:
- Canton Professional Education Association-2019 Hall of Fame Mile Marker-submitted by Mandy Wagner
- Newcomerstown Teachers’ Association-AR Reading Goal Incentives-submitted by Sascha Durben
- Jackson Classified Personnel Association-Jackson 5K Runner Support-submitted by Brooke Harter
- Triway Education Association-Service Projects Implementing Leader in Me-submitted by Melissa Radich
- ECOEA has budgeted for locally developed public relations programs.
The following guidelines will be used for the proposal:
(1) Projects should promote education through the educator, the local
association, and ECOEA.
(2) Projects which enhance local education status will be given first consideration.
(3) ECOEA’s name should be prominently displayed in any publicity and should be
credited with assisting in the presentation of the project.
(4) Grants will be made for first time proposals as a way of initiating a PR Project
in a local association.
(5) Grants will be given to a maximum of $500.00 per local association.
(6) Deadline for proposals will be determined annually.
(7) Grants will be awarded at the ECOEA Representative Assembly.
(8) In order to be eligible for a PR Grant, locals must have elected delegates who attended the ECOEA RA the previous year. (policy 2/12/14)
Minerva LEA used an ECOEA Public Relations Grant to support their community baseball & softball teams with a banner.
Jackson Classified Personnel Association received a PR grant in 2015 to create a scholarship for a graduating senior. The association is continuing the effort through fundraising for another scholarship this year. Here members staff a table of baskets to be awarded in a drawing to raise scholarship funds.