East Central Ohio Education Association
Spring Public Relations Grant
Got a great idea for your members to connect with the community? Need some start-up funds for a special project that will promote your local in the community? Apply for a $500 Public Relations Grant ! ECOEA offers Public Relations Grants of up to $500.
The deadline to apply was April 1, 2021. The winning locals of the Spring PR grants of $500 are:
- The East Holmes Teachers’ Association. Grant submitted by member Kari Kaufman, President Megan Mullet
- The Jackson Classified Personnel Association. Grant submitted by President Brooke Harter
- The Jackson Memorial Education Association. Grant submitted by President Deidre Disman
- The Minerva Local Education Association. Grant submitted by President Stuart Grunder
- The Rittman Education Association. Grant submitted by member Jennifer Dziczkowski, President Ed Sims
- The Wooster Education Association. Grant submitted by member Steve Fox, President Scott Miller
Be sure to elect and send delegates this year to the ECOEA and OEA Representative Assemblies so your local will be eligible next year!
The following guidelines will be used for the proposal:
(1) Projects should promote education through the educator, the local
association, and ECOEA.
(2) Projects which enhance local education status will be given first consideration.
(3) ECOEA’s name should be prominently displayed in any publicity and should be
credited with assisting in the presentation of the project.
(4) Grants will be made for first time proposals as a way of initiating a PR Project
in a local association.
(5) Grants will be given to a maximum of $500.00 per local association.
(6) Deadline for proposals will be determined annually.
(7) Grants will be awarded at the ECOEA Representative Assembly.
(8) In order to be eligible for a PR Grant, locals must have elected delegates who attended the ECOEA RA the previous year. (policy 2/12/14)
Minerva LEA used an ECOEA Public Relations Grant to support their community baseball & softball teams with a banner.
Jackson Classified Personnel Association received a PR grant in 2015 to create a scholarship for a graduating senior. The association is continuing the effort through fundraising for another scholarship this year. Here members staff a table of baskets to be awarded in a drawing to raise scholarship funds.