East Central Ohio Education Association Public Relations Grant
Got a great idea for your members to connect with the community? Need some start-up funds for a special project that will promote your local in the community? Apply for a $500 Public Relations Grant ! ECOEA offers Public Relations Grants of up to $500. To be eligible to apply, your local had to elect and send delegates to the ECOEA Rep Assembly last year.
Be sure to elect and send delegates every year to the ECOEA and OEA Representative Assemblies so your local will be eligible for ECOEA PR Grants!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR SPRING 2023 PR GRANT RECIPIENTS:
- Alliance EA-Michael Rossetti, President, Jason Dotson, Grantwriter, Alliance EA Supports Alliance
- Canton Professional EA-Paul Palomba, President, Juliann Doerschuk, Grantwriter Eric Carle Day
- Jackson Classified Personnel Association-Brooke Harter, President,
- Minerva Local EA-Kathryn Reusser, President, Christmas Books for Children
- North Canton EA-Julie Nelson, President, North Canton Chocolate Walk-Promoting NCEA
- Rittman EA-Jennifer Dziczkowski and Alicia Mayfield, Co-Presidents, Jennifer Daiczkowski Grantwriter, Community Splash Pool
Locals will be recognized at the ECOEA Spring RA on Saturday, April 29. Congratulations!
Awarded Fall 2022 Public Relations Grants were:
- Alliance Education Association-grant written by member Jason Dotson, President Michael Rossetti, Alliance EA Supports Sports
- East Holmes Teachers’ Association, grant written by member Kari Kaufman, President Megan Mullet, EL Literacy and Home Language Connection
- Education Association of Orrville, grant written by President Jodi Rice, Home for the Holidays
- Triway Education Association, grant written by President Melissa Radich, Light Up Shreve 2022!
Awarded Fall 2021 Public Relations Grants were:
- Chippewa Education Association-grant written by President Carolyn Garbinsky, Little League/Youth Soccer Team Sponsor
- East Holmes Teachers’ Association, grant written by member Kari Kaufman, President Megan Mullet, Prevent Summer Slide
- Malvern Education Association, grant written by member Llyn Simpson, Visibility
- Minerva Education Association, grant written by member Stuart Grunder, Supporting Our Fine Arts
- North Canton Education Association, grant written by member Jen McKelley, President Julie Nelson, Legacy Campaign
- Wooster Education Association, grant written by President Scott Miller, Wooster High School Athletic Scorer’s Table
Awarded Spring 2022 Public Relations Grants were:
- Chippewa Education Association, grant written by President Carolyn Garbinsky, Avoid the Summer Slide-Books for Students
- East Holmes Teachers’ Association, grant written by member Kari Kaufman, President Megan Mullet, Hospital Goody Bags
- Jackson Classified Personnel Association, grant written by President Brooke Harter, Eggciting Egg Hunt
The following guidelines will be used for the proposal:
(1) Projects should promote education through the educator, the local
association, and ECOEA.
(2) Projects which enhance local education status will be given first consideration.
(3) ECOEA’s name should be prominently displayed in any publicity and should be
credited with assisting in the presentation of the project.
(4) Grants will be made for first time proposals as a way of initiating a PR Project
in a local association.
(5) Grants will be given to a maximum of $500.00 per local association.
(6) Deadline for proposals will be determined annually.
(7) Grants will be awarded at the ECOEA Representative Assembly.
(8) In order to be eligible for a PR Grant, locals must have elected delegates who attended the ECOEA RA the previous year. (policy 2/12/14)