East Central Ohio Education Association
Public Relations Grant
Got a great idea for your members to connect with the community? Need some start-up funds for a special project that will promote your local in the community? Apply for a $500 Public Relations Grant ! ECOEA offers Spring Public Relations Grants of up to $500 will be awarded at our ECOEA Spring RA. Deadline to apply is March 1, 2019. Grant winners will be notified following the ECOEA March Executive Committee meeting on March 13, 2019. The grant application process is competitive so complete the application accurately and completely at this link:
ECOEA has budgeted for locally developed public relations programs.
The following guidelines will be used for the proposal:
(1) Projects should promote education through the educator, the local
association, and ECOEA.
(2) Projects which enhance local education status will be given first consideration.
(3) ECOEA’s name should be prominently displayed in any publicity and should be
credited with assisting in the presentation of the project.
(4) Grants will be made for first time proposals as a way of initiating a PR Project
in a local association.
(5) Grants will be given to a maximum of $500.00 per local association.
(6) Deadline for proposals will be determined annually.
(7) Grants will be awarded at the ECOEA Representative Assembly.
(8) In order to be eligible for a PR Grant, locals must have elected delegates who attended the ECOEA RA the previous year. (policy 2/12/14)
Minerva LEA used an ECOEA Public Relations Grant to support their community baseball & softball teams with a banner.
Jackson Classified Personnel Association received a PR grant in 2015 to create a scholarship for a graduating senior. The association is continuing the effort through fundraising for another scholarship this year. Here members staff a table of baskets to be awarded in a drawing to raise scholarship funds.