ECOEA offers Internal Organizing Grants of up to $500 to local associations within the ECOEA district to be used to increase membership and engagement of the members within the local. The activities supported by the grant should be guided by the strategic priorites of OEA–increase local capacity to be more relevant to its members, improve the image of educators and build OEA as a resource for professional issues, These grants will be awarded at the ECOEA Spring Representative Assembly on April 13, 2019. One important criteria for locals to apply is the election and attendance of delegates to the OEA Representative Assembly. Delegate elections take place at the beginning of the school year. Be sure your local is holding delegate elections and reporting delegates to OEA before the October 15th deadline.
The grants of up to $500 are competitive—ECOEA will award up to $5,000 each year to locals that apply. Please complete the application below for consideration. All applicants will receive a confirmation email that their form is complete. Deadline to apply was March 1, 2019. The applications will be reviewed by the ECOEA Executive Committee at their March meeting and awarded at the ECOEA Spring RA. All documentation of expenses and final report is due to the ECOEA Business Manager no later than December 31, 2019.
The 2020 Internal Oganizing Grants will be awarded at the ECOEA Spring RA on April 25, 2020. Applications will be available on this site beginning February 1, 2020.
Congratulations to the 2019 Internal Organizing Grants winning locals, grant titles and grant writers:
- MInerva Local EA-ECOEA Participation Incentives, submitted by Julie Holderbaum
- Triway Education Association-Association Unity Project, submitted by Melissa Radich
- Newcomerstown Classified Education Association-Tailgate Solidarity Better Together, submitted by Judy West
- Newcomerstown Teachers’ Association-Tailgate Solidarity Better Together, submitted by Roberta Cox
- Wooster Education Association-Soup with Santa, submitted by Brian Burdine
- East Holmes Teachers’ Association-Organizing and Member Engagement, submitted by Megan Mullet
- Claymont Education Association-New Membership Buddy Project, submitted by Amber Roberts
- Education Association of Orrville-Education Association of Orrville T-shirts, submitted by Mandy Charnigo
- SCEPTA-SCEPTA Strong, submitted by Mary Ann Mastnick
Minerva Local EA; MLEA Calendars. Shown below are the leadership team at Minerva distributing a calendar to members. The calendars show important dates for MLEA and their district. This was a 2018 Internal Organizing Grant project.