ECOEA offers Internal Organizing Grants of up to $500 to local associations within the ECOEA district to be used to increase membership and engagement of the members within the local. The activities supported by the grant should be guided by the strategic priorites of OEA–increase local capacity to be more relevant to its members, improve the image of educators and build OEA as a resource for professional issues. One important criteria for locals to apply is the election and attendance of delegates to the ECOEA Representative Assembly in the previous year. Delegate elections take place at the beginning of the school year. Be sure your local is holding delegate elections and reporting delegates to OEA before the October 15th deadline.
The grants of up to $500 are competitive—ECOEA award up to $5,000 each year to locals that apply. Please complete the application below for consideration. All applicants will receive a confirmation email that their form is complete. The applications will be reviewed by the ECOEA Executive Committee at their April meeting and awarded at the ECOEA Spring RA. All documentation of expenses and final report is due to the ECOEA Business Manager no later than December 31, 2022 for the Spring 2022 Internal Organizing Grants.
- The winning locals of the Spring 2022 Internal Organizing grants are:
- Chippewa Education Association, Submitted by President Carolyn Garbinsky, New Year, New Opportunities
- East Holmes Education Association. Submitted by member Kari Kaufman, President Megan Mullet, East Holmes Fun Night
- Jackson Classified Personnel Association. Submitted by President Brooke Harter, End-of-Year Meet and Greet Review
- Rittman Education Association. Submitted by President Jennifer Dziczkowski, Pick Me Up Snack
Minerva Local EA; MLEA Calendars. Shown below are the leadership team at Minerva distributing a calendar to members. The calendars show important dates for MLEA and their district. This was a 2018 Internal Organizing Grant project.